The Permian Basin Service, Transmission, Exploration and Production Safety Network met for the first time in June 2007. It was patterned after the very successful STEPS network in South Texas. The purpose of the of PB STEPS is to work cooperatively with the Oil & gas industry and OSHA with one common goal, "Incident Free Work Place". An ad hoc committee was formed to build a safety network and the Charter and By Laws weredeveloped. Elections were held and Officers were put into place. An executive committee was formed and Executive committee worked to bring the concept started by the ad hoc committee to a reality.
In September 2008 an Alliance was signed between PB STEPS and OSHA. The meeting consist of a network of information including lessons learned, best practices, updates from OSHA concerning regulation and presenters that cover a cross section of information pertaining to our employee's safety. 2009 marks the second year of Permian Basin STEPS and as in the beginning our group believes in God and Country.
Our expectations are;
- A forum where information can be shared freely
- A common goal to reduce incidents
- Work with Government and local agencies to reduce injures
- Provide speakers that will share information that is interesting and educational
- Reach our goal of an incident free workplace